Steel Fabrication Workshop Foreman
Company: Nicon Ltd (Accredition No.:)
- Developed skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising work at least a week in advance.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure all equipment/machinery is working properly.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and have excellent English.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Use welding equipment, hand or machine tools to manufacture or repair parts.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair problems of general and advanced nature.
- Ability to develop new products to market.
- To work safely and competently around heavy mechanical plant.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationship in a friendly and flexible manner.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise the production of steel fabricated products.
- Plan and supervise welders to repair ships on slipway.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed to ensure all machines are in top working condition.
- Hydraulic hoses, manufacture hoses with provided fittings.
- Follows all aspects of Nicon Health & Safety policy.
- Participate in Team environment, team meetings and share information.
- Completes daily Timesheets in timely manner.
- Training – working alongside trainee, guiding, instructing and monitoring their performance.
- Planning and Management of workshop staff.
- Transition to working on slipway when Vessel present.
Selection of anticipated products to be produced
- Light truck trays
- Heavy tipping trays for truck decks
- Cargo trays for Toyota Hilux etc
- Cattle yard equipment
- Concrete Mixers
- Agriculture equipment
- Steel trusses and prefabricated steel work
- Concrete moulds
- Tow bars and proactive bars
- Plate Rollers
- General Engineering
Current Plant at Organisation
- Drill Presses
- Milling Machines
- Lathes (The company is interested in CNC Machining)
- Mandrel Bender
- Brake Press
- Punch and Shear
- Bevelling Machine
- Plate Rolls
- Welding (steel and alloy)
Nicon Shipyard is a project developing a heavy ship repair facility at Luganville, Santo in Vanuatu. It is located approximately 600 nm between New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, and Fiji. The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila which is located on another island.
Presently the company is upgrading the old existing facilities and increasing the capabilities of the business. To support development and overcome some of the problems with the reliability of the local Human Resources the company is branching out into shipping and other activities to supplement its core activity. These including selling fuel, manufacturing of concrete products and engineering.
FOR MANPOWER POOLING ONLY
NO FEES TO BE COLLECTED
BEWARE OF ILLEGAL RECRUITERS
AND HUMAN TRAFFICKERS