Software Configuration Engineer
Company: Rise Manpower Services Inc. (Accredition No.:)
PROFILE: Software Configuration Engineer
Do you want to define and manage our configuration baselines to enable efficient test bench & proto integration / customer upgrades and meet the quality standards of our client? In this position you get the opportunity to get in the lead.
The Software Configuration Engineer is owner of the system software configuration baseline. You will develop means and methods for functional configuration management by making the link between system function and software configuration requirements.
It is expected that you can think and work in terms of:
• Make the link between system functions and software configuration requirements
• For the integration PERT and integration plan define pre- and post-conditions on software
• Configuration parameters per Integration MileStone (IMS)
• Define the software configuration contents of the IMS-es
• Define the process to release software configuration baselines to the operational sectors
• Develop the tooling necessary to implement functional software configuration management
• Be the owner of the software configuration baselines
Technical Bachelor or Master degree
• Expert knowledge in scripting (Python)
• Experience in software development (C/C++) is a big plus
• Experience with SVN and Linux
• Experience in stakeholder management and working in multidisciplinary teams
• Background in configuration management / system integration / software release management, testing or software development
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to defend own opinion
• Enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
• Proactive attitude, searching own challenges
• Know how to profile yourself
• Able to prioritize
• High degree of autonomy
• Ready to be employed in this role for at least 2 years
• Ability and willingness to attend additional courses
Context of the Position
Within our client’s sector Development & Engineering (D&E), which is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of their products. Within D&E, the Software Cluster is concerned with the design, development, testing and integration of the complete software package which drives a generation of their products. In the SW Cluster, the department Software Architecture and Integration (SWAI) is responsible for the utilization and the configuration (hardware and software) of software test tools and the software configuration of the systems used to integrate new developments. The department contributes to an optimal design of the complete product and the creation of the product documentation necessary for pilot production.
Our client creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We and they provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.