Fiber Optic Technicians
Company: Caliban Holding ltd (Accredition No.:10338617)
To be responsible for the terminating, splicing, bonding/grounding, documenting and testing of all fiber optic cables within the systems fiber optic networks and their related equipment with the end goal of providing maximum operating efficiency.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to:
- Install, repair, maintain, test proof or adjust, as needed, all fiber optic cables and related equipment. In the course of performing these duties, the technician will climb utility poles and ladders, lift and carry equipment that weighs at least 35kg, use a variety of hand tools, work in all types of inclement weather,
- Coordinate fiber activities with other departments and staff.
- Performs fiber tests with OTDRs, light source and meters.
- Terminates, splices, bonds/grounds and tests fiber optic equipment to company standards.
- Provides accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
- Must be able to read and understand manufactures manuals for operating and repairing of electronic equipment and components.
- Proficient in the operation of all related fiber tools and equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of design and layout for fiber terminations.
- Must possess a good understanding of fiber documentation and have the ability to assist in laying out new fiber circuits.
- Must be able to think analytically.
- Excellent customer presentation and service skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline environments.
- Ability to translate highly technical information to end user customers and staff.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Ability to handle on-call responsibilities.
High school diploma or equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required. Some trade school training is desired.
Special Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and have a good driving record (experience with, but not limited to)
- Must have 2+ years Fibre Optic splicing experience (preference given to those with additional experience or FTTx project experience)
- Must have the ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience with fiber optic cable technology, formal fiber optic training desired.
- Must have a good understanding of the technologies and standards as they apply to the installation of fiber optic networks.
- Must be able to differentiate color codes.
- Must be able to Mid Entry fibers/Split Tubes
FOR MANPOWER POOLING ONLY!
NO FEES TO BE COLLECTED