Company: Nicon Ltd (Accredition No.:)
- Developed skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning and organising work at least a week in advance.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure all equipment/machinery is working properly.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and have excellent English.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Use welding equipment, hand or machine tools to manufacture or repair parts.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair problems of general and advanced nature.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of engine repair, mechanical and electrical systems and maintenance.
- To work safely and competently around heavy mechanical plant.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationship in a friendly and flexible manner.
- Hydraulic hoses, manufacture hoses with provided fittings.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed to ensure all machines are in top working condition.
- Installing and/or repairing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Discuss with team to obtain information on problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements, recording this information on Whiteboard and or Plant item Maintenance book.
- Install and repair / overhaul or replace carburettors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps etc or arrange/ instruct service providers.
- Rebuilding Marine engines.
- Perform routine and scheduled preventative maintenance such as but not limited to oil changes, lubrications, tune-ups, tire rotation, battery, brake and electrical inspections
- Ensure all Maintenance information for each Machine is accurately recorded in Maintenance book in a timely manner.
- Identify continued repair of equipment and address problem of symptom.
- Follows all aspects of Nicon Health & Safety policy.
- Participate in Team environment, team meetings and share information.
- Completes daily Timesheets in timely manner.
- Training – working alongside trainee mechanic, guiding, instructing and monitoring their performance.
- Transition to working on slipway when Vessel present.
Our OrganisationNicon Shipyard is a project developing a heavy ship repair facility at Luganville, Santo in Vanuatu. It is located approximately 600 nm between New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, and Fiji. The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila which is located on another island.
Presently the company is upgrading the old existing facilities and increasing the capabilities of the business. To support development and overcome some of the problems with the reliability of the local Human Resources the company is branching out into shipping and other activities to supplement its core activity. These including selling fuel, manufacturing of concrete products and engineering.
Current Plant at Organisation